Yes Meagan, that one is for you! Sometimes, weird things happen when I am living at home and I haven't made friends with my new ward yet...weird things. Worse than "things we would be doing if we had boyfriends" weird. Besides--That was cool.
Anyways, sometimes I do dumb things. For instance: last night, I was locked out of my house (they aren't quite used to having me here yet). I knocked a couple of times, but no answer. My dilemma: ring the doorbell and wake up everyone? Or...do something else? I did something else. I crawled into our Yukon XL with a woolen poncho that was sitting in our garage (meanwhile pondering upon the woolen-ness of it) and tried to sleep. After an hour and a half, the romance of the situation had worn off, I was cold, and I really had to go to the bathroom...uh oh. So I got out, rang the doorbell, and shivered my way into bed. I have a crick in my neck and back, and decided that the world is cold and dark.
Oddly enough, as I lay there in my dark garage, trying not to think of scary things that may have been sharing my sleeping quarters, I kept thinking of Jeff Schill outside of the car in a gorilla suit, just waiting for me to turn the light on and freak out. Man. Double scary: Jeff plus a gorilla suit! Lol...
FYI: Lilies were my favoritest flower in the whole world. Until yesterday. You see, my sister went to prom. Being slightly unconventional-slash-bordering on outrageous, she decided to make her own boutonniere--out of a giant (we're talking salad-plate-sized) pink lily. So, she bought a whole bunch of them, and they were sitting in our dining room. Absolutely beautiful! Absolutely stinky! Worst smelling flower--actually, prolly not. But bad. However, the look on his face when she brought it out, well, that was worth it. Sigh.
What do y'all think of the little blue flowers falling all over my blog? I thought it was a nice touch. It's actually snow, but good gracious, spring is here! And remember, April showers bring May flowers (and they bring Pilgrims), and we have had a multitude of showers. Excellent.
Meagan, I miss you. Please come home from San Francisco soon. Thanks.

10 Comments:
I got locked out too. My family, like yours, is not used to me living there either I guess. I first called my brother's phone because I knew he'd be up but he had turned it off. Punk. So I had to call my home phone and wake everyone up. My dad gets all delusional on the phone when you wake him up so I had to spell it out for him. "I am at your front door and can't get in. This is your daughter..." I finally got in and learned that my key does indeed work, you just have to pull on the door at the same time. Duh. Oh, and my brother WAS awake. He just turned off his phone as he was getting ready for bed.
1) Love your new blog
2) Sorry about the lockout
3) Totally identify with the loneliness, opening socials are terrifying if the only person you know (your roommate) can't be there!
Adriane, it's snowing on your blog!
I'm still sorry I'm boring.
Plus Jon Harmon exists!
Whoah! Whoah whoah whoah! Hi Jon Harmon! Well, you know me and snow! =P
Annie, you AREN'T boring! Who else would give me a Barbie kite for my birthday? Jaren didn't think we were serious--he LIED about his He-Man kite. But he's going to get one, and we'll fly kites and you can come ;)
Erika--how's the home life treating you? I think I need to get my own key too. And a cell phone. Hmm...
Tiffany--I hope that things are going well in your new ward! Annie and I almost crashed a random ward party, and I thought of you. Good luck!
Home life is pretty good. I think it would be better if we played though. What's the deal with that?
I dunno. But let's go to a baseball game or something this weekend!!!
I guess it's about time I find out what all the fuss is about. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your scatterbrained blogs, sorry it took me so long to get to them. But I did, at 3;30 AM Thursday May 5, 2005. As to why I am awake, it is a long story better saved for a later date. Anyway, thanks for the laughs.
That would be a total blast! I'm leaving to go to NYC on Sunday, but Friday night or Saturday would be really fun. I'll see what I can find out and give you a call. I don't have your number but I know where you live and I can look you up.
You can't look her up, it is nearly impossible to find her phone #, I think I have it, but I don't know if she wants me to put it out on a website.
Post a Comment