They are everywhere!
It's true my friends: my day has been full of wacky sexagenarians. Some may have been septuagenarians--I didn't ask. I think that it is interesting that septuagenarians has a "u" in it. I would have spelled it otherwise.
First, there was the dermatologist. He can solve my acne problems all right: "decapitation works every time." He decided to not give me the medication that "makes you feel like h-e-double hockey sticks." I am most grateful to him. Apparently I inherited my acne from my Uncle Max (odd--I don't have one...) because it is most definitely not my Dad's fault. He (the doctor--not my dad) has taken some amazing photos though. He says he takes about a million and throws all but the really good ones away so we'll think he's actually good...hmm.
Second was the watch fixer. He had a white beard and big bushy white eybrows. He didn't have a unibrow--just one really long grey hair in between them. I was nearly overcome by the temptation to pull...luckily I resisted. Phew. He wouldn't fix my watch because it wasn't worth it. It's okay, because I don't mind trying to peer through the scratches. I can still tell what time it is--it just takes me a few seconds. Don't worry though. I now have my very own lucky wooden nickel. "Just rub it a little."
Third was the pharmacist. He began giving Mom a mock lecture about "sometimes you need to let kids go." She was signing for my prescription because I was off looking for the makeup the dermatologist recommended. I didn't mind her signing for me... He wanted to know if we had relatives in South Jordan. "They had a hard time letting their kids go too. I figured there was a connection." He was probably trying to help me out--he saw the acne medication and figured I was only about 16...most people don't break out worse once they hit 20. I tell you what.
I think that I want to keep my sense of humor in my later years. I'm pretty sure i want to marry a man who has held on to his as well. I'm not sure if I want him to be that wacky all of the time. I can't wait to have people look at me a little bit funny when I act a bit eccentrically...Oh the joy! Anyway, those are my deep thoughts for the day. Smile everyone, and be glad that we have lots of adventures ahead of us!

3 Comments:
Well... i learned two new words. i can asure you that i will not be able to spell them correclty on the first try for the duration of my life however.
Way to keep your chiln up! Luv ya Adriane- yar the greatest!
You know you're old when you find you've ditched the acne creams and have added anti-wrinkle formulas to your daily routine. I don't know which is worse...
Next time you need your watch fixed, go to Precision Time at University Mall. Last time I went there, the attractive YOUNG man fixed my watch for free! Of course, it was raining, so I'm not sure if it was out of pity for my soaked condition or just genuine awesomeness.... I try not to read too closely into things like that...
Post a Comment