Pages

Friday, September 02, 2005

You Know You're A NERD When...

It just hits me over and over...and there are so many different sides to my nerdiness!

I was enumerating the happy things about my day, and one of them was, "I have Wicked songs stuck in my head!" I wasn't expecting them to ask which one! It took me a second to dig down to the soundtrack of my life...my heart sank. The song currently playing in my head was the prologue! Man!

I have a Palm Pilot, and it's really working out well for me. When Garth (I work with him) found out I had a Palm, he started talking about synching with Outlook and how helpful that is. Wait! They have a bunch of extra cradles just sitting in a box. Did I want one? Sure I did! I have two Palm Sync cradles...I don't know how I feel about that.

I just put my desk together for my computer (I've missed this thing so badly!), and I had to borrow some tools to do it. I'll skip the details about secret schemes and intrigues (Daddy...), but I finally borrowed Ryan Horne's tool set. You know you're kind of tool-nerdy when your eyes get big and you start explaining to Crystal that, "it's magnetic, so if you drop something, it sticks to it, and you can change the different heads, and look, this is how it works! The only way it would be better is if it was a ratchet one!" and she gives you one of those nods that tries to say, "cool" but ends up saying, "you are SO weird!" Okay, so I want a socket wrench set for Christmas. Is that a problem?

(Those three were all on the same day!)

Today, while trying to set up a bulletin board (I'm an ECE major, okay?) three of us were following the official student teacher around. We decided we were either ducklings or lemmings. I voted vehemently for ducklings--then we could shake our tail feathers. It ended with us all singing "Five little ducks went out to play..." and then THAT was stuck in my head...yep. ECE nerd. That's me.

3 Comments:

meagan said...

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one."
-- Bill Gates

I have a socket wrench set so you can be nice to me! (;

Annegirl said...

But you're such a cute nerd. I'm a nerd, too. I was reciting Wordsworth to myself this morning up the RB stairs.

Adriane said...

Addendum: You also know you're a nerd when you a)ROYGBIV your flip flops and b) get giddy when Fahu Tahi says, "Hey Adriane!"

Free Blog Template by June Lily