There are some things that I just won't do in broad daylight. I prefer, in fact, to wait until the dead of night. There's something so exhilarating about flighing high, swooping down, then rising to the top once again. It messes up my hair and takes my breath away. But I have to wait until it's dark to swing on the swings. Why, you ask? I will tell you. My rear end no longer fits inside the swing! It's not very flattering. Nor comfortable. So my joyous, exhilarating rides have become somewhat secretive and limited. Getting old is hard.
13 Comments:
Here we go with the old trip again.
Pretty soon, you're going to have to get your swinging thrills from rocking chairs.
So I guess I won't mention that I'm pretty much the same way with the trampoline in my backyard for fear you'd say the only bounce I'll soon get will be from my rubber-soled orthopedic shoes...
Jon, that was rude. Can't you tell she's insecure about her age???? Making fun of her will only make it worse
Bobbert. Let's be friends. Again.
Jonharmon, I knew you would make fun, but that's okay. Some people listen and take my insecurities seriously. So there. =P
Adriane, you are too cute. My mommy and i were talking about swinging today (before i read this) and how we like to swing in the dark. It wasn't for the reason you enumerated, however. Rather, it is because we like to wear long skirts, especially formal dresses.
okay, so maybe we are weird.
but i guess you already knew that.
Maria--I ALWAYS swing in formals. Should I think that is weird? Some of my favorite pre-dance pictures are of me swinging on the swings with my date!
Once again, I will bring up the trampoline. Jumping in formals was one of my favorite post-dance activities!
OK, note to self...Swing in a formal before I die. Hmm...how about my wedding dress? On a tree swing? With a handsome man pushing me? Hmmm....
Mmmm hmm. I plan on a trampoline in the wedding dress picture. Perhaps while holding hands with handsome man. Maybe there will be too much dress. I dunno.
Lol...just wanted to mention that another thing I refuse to do in the light of day is moving. Excellent.
Sweet, swinging in big giant dress of happiness. I'm guessing all of the petticoats and crap will cushion the big giant butt of happiness too.
Don't worry Adriene, I too suffer from not only getting olderness, but a butt that's a bit too big for children's playthings.
sigh. It's good to know I'm not alone.
Post a Comment