You know how, when toddlers teeter, and then fall over, they immediately look to their parents? If Mommy jumps up and fusses over the crash, the tot's face will likely squash up for a good howl. If they hear a "Nice one! Just try again!" they will probably pick themselves up and go tottering for a couple more steps.
I'm tired of people fussing. I'm only twenty for heaven sakes! I know you want nieces and nephews, Zach, but that's no reason for you to ask Dad to bless me to find the right man SOON in my back-to-school blessing. Yeah, everyone in my extended family, I am not married. Sad day. Get over it. I'm just fine toddling my way through life. I'm not nearly mature enough to make such a big commitment. I know that, and I'm quite content. But with all this fussing, I feel a howl coming on.
I apologize if this sounds bitter. I promise that it does not represent my true feelings. I just can't help wondering sometimes if maybe I should be more worried--since everyone else seems to be. Thanks for listening.

13 Comments:
It's okay honey. Just get back up. You're just fine. :)
Oh, and having Crystal as a roommate does good things :).
It's ok, married people are no fun anyway. I like you just the way you are
I got asked if I was engaged this weekend at my family reunion. "No, no. That's my right hand." And Emma just informed my cousin that she's given up finding a husband for me. Only twenty and I'm hopeless. Tragic. i feel ya, and you know what I say to all of THEM and THEIR plans? Oh well!!! :)
Look on the bright side, atleast your not a 20 year old guy not on his mission.....
And yes Meagan and Annie, I know I crossed my "you're" and "your" Please forgive me.
Feel your pain - it's amazing how when one goes in certain circles, one can feel as a failure even though one is a college graduate and going places with his/her life.
My mother asked me again today if I'd ever date Ryan. The answer is still no.
hmm. i am glad that i do not have that problem!
Boy... I'm glad that I never fall down... But when I do, you raise me up ;)
Anyhow, you know Whom to look to, and Whom you need to impress.
I've got Gilbert Man, you've got Josh...it's a happy world. Lol. And he hits a good point.
Yeah for understanding family members! Oh wait, what are those? j/k well partly anyway. We apparently don't hit middle age until we're 80 so take you swee-eet time!
Lol...well, I get along great with the younger men! Like, two years younger and pre-mish. Maybe I will tell everyone that I'm waiting for the Orlando Bloom look alike in my FOL group (No, Meagan, I still don't agree with you).
Plus, how can you feel glum when Josh Groban sings "You Raise Me Up?" I only love...
Adriane, Relia wants you to call her asap. To get her on her cell, dial her office number and when voicemail picks up hit 0...or ask Bobert because I don't have her cell memorized. If you have problems, call me.
Lol...thanks!
Post a Comment