I really like that new song by Daniel Powter. And it's awesome when you had a bad day for REALS and it plays on your way home from work.
If I had subtitles for this blog, it would be "Okay, fine. I'll be your friend--if you pay me!" Keep that in mind.
So. Rotten day. I won't go into all the details, but it started last night. =P. I left my keys inside Kneaders again. That means I had to get a ride home from Amber, and I had to have someone make an extra trip with me this morning to get the car. But, you know. Whatever. Except--AAHHHH!!! Today is laundry day. My keys are at the laundry. I cannot find even the number for the laundry people. Luckily they are easily identifiable, as I am still using a bright yellow carebear as a keychain.
I got a letter from the scholarship comittee. Life just got a whole lot more complicated...but hey, it's a growing experience, right? It will be good for me. I will grow, and be a better person for it. But I felt like a failure with a capital F in big red letters. Rough.
Then I had to go to work. Ew yuck. I got to work. Oh--I got my laundry done. That is very happy news. So. Bob (my manager) spent the rest of his shift telling me that "You've never had a bad day in your life." I looked at him like, "Stupid man. I don't know if you are trying to make me feel bad--probably not. What do you maean you can read my aura?" Ugh. Or he would be like, "How much will you give me for your keys?" When I knew very well he didn't have them. but every time he said it, I wished he did so bad! Jerk.
So then, when Colleen came up and said, "Adriane," in that voice that means, "I have something to tell you..." I braced for impact. I had been terribly annoyed with her the day before, and I still tense up whenever she talks to me. "I was watching you with the customers..." Man! I am working my butt off for you!!! Interacting with the customers is the only thing I really love about this job--don't you DARE tell me I'm bad at it! "and you were amazing!" *Jaw drop* I wish I could have seen my face. I'm pretty sure it was hilarious. "You do such a wonderful job, and I really appreciate the way you suggestive sell things." By this time, my jaw was on the floor, and I was stammering my thanks to her when she said, "In fact, I'm going to give you a one dollar raise on your next paycheck." Holy cow! What did you do with the Colleen I knew? For two seconds, I considered taking back my two weeks notice. I don't think she knows about it. Lol...only I came to my senses, thanked her, turned around, and made that same face I accidentally make when beautiful men talk to me using my name and I don't want to scream.
So if YOU happen to be having a bad day ;P, hang in there. Eventually, things will look up. Something good has to happen, even if it's only an extra dollar an hour for the last 7 days you work. Or maybe you will be weeding your yard and not see a single spider! Or maybe you'll just get all of your laundry done.

8 Comments:
Awh, Adriane... I love you! You are amazing and I am elated that you are coming back to the 2nd ward.
I love, too. Do you work today?
Yes. I did work today. But not tonight! Let's play with my friend Laurie--You guys have GOT to meet her!
I like Laurie :)
I'm sorry you had a bad day):. I can totally relate. Liek when you get 3rd degree sunburns all up and down your legs. But I'm glad you're making the most of it. Like when you're playing unofficial tag with your crushiest-crush EVER (almost) for 7 whole hours just about makes it worth it. *sigh*
In other news, I can't believe your last Sunday is next week. If that's not enough to get the guys jump-started in our ward, I don't know what is! (wink, wink) (:
Congratulations! I, for one, am having the first good day in a long time. I also like it when it's been just about the crappiest day of your life, and you find out that certain friends haven't read certain things you didn't want them to read after all. That's a good feeling too.
Hey, Crystal Manning wants you to call her. Look her up on stalker net. She called your house and left a message. Just relaying that message.
And congrats on the raise!!! A dollar. That's really big. Good job!!!
Has OIT called you yet? I'm going on strike until they do.
Post a Comment