Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Pink!!!

I love it. It's such a great color.

One time, when I was young, I loved nail polish. I had this HUGE collection, with every color imaginable, plus glitters and glow-in-the-dark and change-color-in-the-sun. And the occasional set of BYU football tickets. =P So I took said nail polish to Mexico over Christmas--so fun! The girls were tickled, well, pink to have painted nails. I lost track of the box during our late-night evacuation, however, and only own a few select colors now.

I know, you are all sad. But please let me assure you that it's okay. I haven't even painted my nails in years, and the bright blue paint? As Dad would say, "that color's not found in nature." (It was a sad day for him when I stopped looking shamed that my toes were mossy green, and told him that since moss is found in nature, so is mossy green.) So. I haven't even missed the stuff.

Where is this blog going, one might wonder? Well, I will tell you. Today I got a pedicure. Mom and I have wanted to do it together as a girly, bonding experience type thing. Grandma gave her a gift certificate, because her neighbor does them. So Mom called her up to schedule a buy-one-get-one free (BOGO) pedicure adventure. Unfortunately, they take TWO HOURS!!!!!! So, she did hers yesterday, and I did mine today. Anyways, my toes are now pink. Very pastel pink. Lurid, one might say. It doesn't really work for me...I laugh every time I look at my toes. Oh well. It was an experience. The lady was crazy! I had to focus all energy at not looking at her like I thought so.

Speaking of bonding experiences, last night Zach and I had a burping contest. I was shocked at myself, but hey, now we're even better buds than before. Julia kept yelling for Zach to stop it--"That's gross!" Pah ha ha...some of the best ones were mine though. Hmm...that's not something that I should probably share with you. Oh well.

11 Comments:

Jon said...

Ah. There is no better boy-bonding than boistrous belching. Way to go, Adriane! You've inspired me to watch all 5 hours of P&P with my sisters.

buhler said...

Hmm, pedicures, burping, nail polish, and BYU Football tickets all in the same blog... That ladies and gentlemen is diversity. Atleast she managed to get something of worth in there, even if it was just making fun of herself for hiding them from herself.

Maria said...

Adriane!! I miss ya! sounds like you have had a rather interesting past while... sorry that i left without a word... it was mainly because i wasn't sure that it was really going to happen

But anyway, we should play this weekend!

Jena said...

Tiff always got mad at me for that. Then one day, I was putting on mascara or something like that, and I heard a little noise come out of the living room where Tiff was studying. I had her now! A few minutes later I poked my head out and said, "Tiff, did you hear something?" She looked positively dumbfounded. "No, what?" "It was like a growled ugg, or something." And I stared at her so she would know I KNEW. She had done it! She had burped!

Erika said...

So, if I were to write a personal ad, this would pretty much be it. Pedicures, burping, nail polish, football and will the title of Pink. I love you! And I love your Pahahas.

Adriane said...

And I love you and your boyfriend!!!

Jena said...

Woo! Erika has a boyfriend! And just about the nicest guy you've ever met, too!

Tiff said...

Yeah, Heather does it now too. I HATE IT!!!! I absolutely abhor belching. I think it's disgusting and very unladylike. (Sorry Adrianne)
Stay tuned for my upcoming blog on last nights Roommate antics. Heather's comment of the night however was...
"Ha Ha. I'm longboarding and burping! HA HA!"

Jena said...

And yet... YOU DID IT!

meagan said...

I'm painting my nails right now. The nail polish smells like bananas. Have you ever heard of hot pink bananas?

Adriane said...

No...that's odd. I have never ever smelled banana nail poilish...huh. I have...used to have...strawberry though. And Bath and Body Works "water." crazy.

Free Blog Template by June Lily