Pages

Monday, June 13, 2005

I Am In Love.

Unfortunately, the ones I love are but shadows. Dreams which flit just out of my reach. Images I see and adore, but it is through the windows of my imagination only. Gilbert Blythe, Prince Char, Fitzwilliam Darcy, Nat Eaton, Percival Blakeny, Even Freidrich Bahr...sigh. My heart leaps as I read. "I don't want diamond sunbursts or marble halls, Gill. I just want you." "So would I still be, but for you, dearest, loveliest Elizabeth." "I'm not going to disappoint her Kit. When I take you on board the Witch, it's going to be for keeps." "Love (it is such a relief to pen the word!), love, love--Char." "I will carry you dear. The blind leading the lame, you know." "But I have nothing, my hands are empty!" "They aren't empty anymore." My heart cries out with Marguerite: "Where is my storybook ending?" Ah well. It took her a while to sort hers all out, and I will simply have to be more patient, eh? And there's always plenty to do while I wait. Like working hard to "make myself worthy of you, my prince." Lol. Pardon the sensless wanderings of a weary imagination.

19 Comments:

Annegirl said...

Happy sigh. Good times! I love. And Gilbert Blythe is the epitome of my dream man. That's all.

meagan said...

Would you believe I just finished reading "The Witch of Blackbird Pond?"(sigh) My mom once said I should stop burying myself in books and give reality a try. I made her watch 15 minutes of Maury and then played her Marguerite's anthem (which was in HER CD collection by the way). She hasn't bothered me since.

meagan said...

p.s. have you heard the music from "Little Women the Musical"? It almost beats Laurie in the emotion-evoking department. Can't touch Friedrich though. (sigh)

Anonymous said...

Would it help if I called you Carrots?

Adriane said...

Pah ha ha...it would depend who you are, Mr. Anonymous...Miss Anonymous...but it would help most if you were male. =P
Meagan...did I mention that we are too much alike (hand in front of mouth like Mr. Collins)? I just got finished reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond too! Mmm...and I reread the last part twice.

Maria said...

sometimes...

i feel stupid. the mentioning of all those names and laddie-das left me rather confused, i'll admitt.

but as for the love thingy, I am in love with Mr. Sleep. But he surely doesn't love me!

Adriane said...

Maria, there is so much for us to teach you! You really need to read Ella Enchanted, by the way. You will LOVE. I am sorry that the sleeping thing isn't working out for you!

Adriane said...

Pah ha ha...and Robert wants to watch five hours of Pride and Prejudice, so we'll have to invite you too!

Anonymous said...

Since when did it become Robert "wants to". I said I would, not that I was moving my schedule around to try to find a time to get it done. (Inner musical fan in me says to pick a day and I'll get work off to do it..... but who listens to their inner musical fan)

Yes, the final half of this comment was made with Tongue in Cheek

Jon said...

Robert, from my inner (well, mine's somewhat outer) musical fan to yours, I'm warning you. A little P&P goes a long way.

Anonymous said...

the question is.... a long way in which direction?? That makes a SIGNIFICANT difference.

Annegirl said...

Robert! Your inner musical fan is my favorite! hahaha :)

meagan said...

Robert! I'm surprised you admitted that you even HAVE an inner musical fan! And my house is free ANYTIME you have the yen for a little P&P!

Adriane said...

It became "Robert wants to" when his inner musical fan said, "We could watch the five hour P&P too..." Lol. Luckily, it's not even a musical, so I don't think that Jon's outer musical fan has any authority in the matter. =P

meagan said...

touche!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never realized one comment could start such a commotion. Annie, my inner musical fan is not my favorite, in fact it kinda scares me... (It's a good thing it is very, very small) Although I did watch part of Phantom last night when we stopped to say hi to Elizabeth before she leaves town tomorrow. Meagan, you are obviously not the only surprised that I would let that secret out of the bag, so let me explain. While it may not be my favorite kind of entertainment I do have to honestly admit that some of those people are quite talented and have worked hard to be as good as they are and they deserve respect for that. Adriane, I will go to my deathbad arguing that it was my more outer-sarcastic self than my inner musical fan one that made that mistake. I think thats about all, except I should probably finish that it would probably be more about hanging out with friends that would entice to "jump off the ledge" than what is at the proverbial bottom. And yes, I am bored today.

buhler said...

Oh ya, I forgot, I'm cool like you guys now: http://justbuhler.blogspot.com/

Adriane said...

YESSSSS!!!!

meagan said...

Yeah!

Free Blog Template by June Lily