My sister Lauren introduced me to a blog called
Catalog Living. It's about the man and the woman, Gary and Elaine, who live in all of those perfect house catalog pictures we see. Mostly it's a chance to poke fun of the silliness in those perfect houses. I adore it and I laughed really hard at a lot of these posts! Take your time and read a bunch--it took me a bit to get past the tee hee hees and into the HAR HAR HAR!s.
This is one of my very favorites:

Gary, we got the desk and Medieval Torture Chair you wanted, so why do you still insist on reading on the floor? Now, where’s that beige book I came in here for?
It's made me step back and giggle at some of the designs I used to take too seriously. Who really has an entire collection of beige books anyways?
3 Comments:
Love this so much.
So, I've been thinking about this for a week or so. I am really bad with reading directions. I'm just terrible with recipes, instruction manuals, and the like. But I really really want to understand your whole coupon thingy. Do you think that I could use it as an excuse to see your lovely face and come visit you, and you could explain it to me in person?
YES!!!
YES YES YES!!!
any time! :D
I was trying to see if a weekend would work, but I almost think weeknights would be better. Would that work for you?
Post a Comment