The other day, I was squatting in the laundry room, trying to help Gregory put on his pants. It's a regular occurrence, as we are working on potty training...still...and probably will be until he leaves on his mission. Everybody start praying for him NOW--or perhaps pray for his companion (because if I, as Gregory's Mommy, don't want to change his diapers, it's a GUARANTEE that his companion won't).
BUT, as I squatted there, patiently holding out Gregory's pants to him, he pulled a three-year-old and charged me. Smack went my bottom (luckily my 'hind parts had not yet been introduced to spinning :P) on the hard tile floor. Needless to say, I was upset. So how do you react when your three year old that just caused bruising to your tail bone looks at you with concern and says, "What happened Mommy?"
You should be proud of me--I didn't lose my temper. It must've been a good day ;). I explained that when he ran into me, it knocked me off balance, and falling hurt my bottom, because the ground was really hard. He looked at me, taking all this in. Then as I struggled to pick my old feeble body up from the floor, he said, "Mommy, can I kiss your bum?"

4 Comments:
HA! Oh, how I love it.
This made my day!!
HAHAHAH! That is so cute!!!
So I just caught up on all your blogs from over the past couples days. You are so funny. I wish I could go to your party but I have a night class on Thursdays =( I really want to see you guys though! Jordan and I were just saying that it's been too long.
PS Jordan says he would've let Gregory kiss his bum.
HAHAHAHA!! I love all your updates! I've had fun reading them here at school whilst I should be being productive and doing schooly things. But alas, we've been without a computer for almost a month now so all my blogging and keeping-in-touch-doing has to be done at school :) Thank goodness for prep time!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment