Pages

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Lia Sophia Party

Dear Friends,
This one time, I accidentally signed up to host a Lia Sophia party.  Let me 'splain.  My sister Lauren had a jewelry party last night (yeah, that's the party that I had chocolate on my pants for).  It was really fun!  The jewelry is gorgeous, her pie was delish, and I LOVED seeing all the people that I hadn't seen in forever.  I was mostly planning on going, having fun, visiting, and looking at jewelry of course.

But then Liz pulled out the chocolate.  You know me.  I grab chocolate and ask questions later.  I hear, "choose up to three."  By gum, I did. :D  But if you get one with a "P" on it, you get signed up to do a party.  I got two.  But I don't have to do two parties, she said.

At first I was pretty stressed out.  My Dad's anti-party genes started manifesting themselves.  And my wish to avoid any interaction with pyramid schemes and pressuring my friends.  But then I got to choose my favorite piece of jewelry and pay $20 for it.  It originally cost $120.  Yeah, saved a hundred.  The savvy shopper would be proud.

So.  Nobody tell the Lia Sophia advisor, Liz (promise, Jamie?)  but I've decided that I really don't care if I get any more stuff.  My goal is to ditch the stress and have FUN.  So.  You are all invited to my party--next Thursday at 7pm, my house.  Call me if you need an address or directions.  My number is eight zero one eight eight five seven three zero nine.  I don't know if writing like that will keep me safe from bots or not.

My plan for the party is to get together, talk a bunch, play dress up with jewelry and eat something good--I've been craving some of Meagan's yummy spinach dip, so I'll probably make that.  If not a single person orders anything, I will be a happy camper.  If you find something you love and decide to buy it, I will be delighted for you.  You don't have to book your own party (unless you fall in love with a $120 bracelet and only have $20 to pay for it like me...), and you don't have to buy anything.

You don't even have to come if you don't want to. Liz and I are very capable of talking enough for a whole room full of people--even if we are the only ones there. :D

If you're not sure/can't come/want to check out the jewelry first, you can check it out at www.liasophia.com/sites/lizt  There's some really REALLY pretty things--and don't worry, they don't all cost as much as the bracelet I chose for my hostess gift!  I would post pictures here, but they are all Flash and I can't just grab them.

So there.  I basically broke all the rules of a pyramid scheme party, but whatever.  Leave me a comment if you want a fun, pressure-free girls night.  I'll even have my OWN chocolate so you don't find your stomach calling the shots. ;)

2 Comments:

Lauren Davison said...

I figured out how to get pictures off their online catalog. If you click on the "enlarge" button, and then click and drag the image to the desktop, voila! :) I'm excited for your party!

Adriane said...

Hunh. I was so excited, and I tried, but it doesn't work. First time I've wanted a Mac ;)

Free Blog Template by June Lily