Well, my dear friend and cousin-in-law was asking for these recipes, and I thought, why not put them here on my blog for all to see?
The first is a Nila special. My Mom and Dad were somewhere for dinner, and they had a yummy pasta. Dad raved about it, so Mom replicated it to the best of her ability--and of course, made it even yummier. I know, I wish I'd gotten some of that talent! Anyways, my Mom called it "Chicken Gregorio," being translated, "chicken the way Greg likes it." I also have a Gregorio, but since he pretends to dislike chicken in any form, we have tried to pretend that there ISN'T chickien.
Chicken Gregorio
2 (12 oz.) bags rainbow rotelle or rotini
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
4 c. milk
1/4 c. white cooking wine
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 T. dried parsley (opt.--and I don't usually use it)
8 oz. cream cheese, cut in small pieces
1 c. parmesan cheese
1 large can cooked chicken
Cook noodles in a large kettle; drain. Make white sauce of butter, flour, milk, wine, and seasonings in small kettle. When thick, add cheeses and stir until cream cheese melts. Stir in chicken. If sauce is too thick, add more milk. Serve over noodles.
Super super yummy, kids like it (until they figure out there's chicken in there ;). Pretty sure it isn't super healthy, but what can you do?
The green beans were a Martha Stewart recipe (have I told anyone besides Annie how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE that website? Careful--you'll be addicted too...)
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/lemon-green-beans
My Mom--who worked at a cannery canning green beans won't ever be able to eat canned green beans happily again. Since we never had them growing up, I wasn't sure she was a fan of ANY green beans. But I brought these to Sunday dinner once, and she's asked for them several times since. Yay! Success!

3 Comments:
THAAAAANNNNK YOU! :) My mouth is watering just reading these!
Dear Adriane, Emmett and I would like to come see you sometime. However, I need your phone number so I can call you, or at least a non-BYU email address. Please? :)
Dan LOVES green beans, hurrah!
And I love the name Chicken Gregorio!
Post a Comment