Pages

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Our latest craze!

I know, I'm behind!  I have so many things to catch up posting on.  :S  In my defense, I left my camera at the in-laws when I helped throw my sister-in-law a bridal shower, and I therefore cannot share the precious images there contained.  But after Sunday, expect pictures galore.

I can, however, tell you a funny story about the life of my family.  We have currently become obsessed with the Disney show Phineas and Ferb (thanks Mom).  It is delightful, zany, and clean.  My kids LOVE to watch it--Gregory will actually stay put on the couch for an entire episode!  Mike and I love to watch it too because it is HILARIOUS!  Mike had been working on burning a bunch of episodes to DVD so we could watch them.  We don't have a very high-tech DVD player, however--it struggles with normal DVD's, when it's "tired," and burned DVD's?  HA.  So, I decided to buy anything I could get my hands on for Father's Day.  I found these two compilations.


 

I wish they had the WHOLE season on DVD, but I suppose we'll have to keep burning and buy a new DVD player.  While searching for these gifts, I also found this little beauty.

I should have prefaced this by telling you that Perry the Platypus (here immortalized on a T-shirt) is Mike's favorite character.  He does the noise Perry makes very well--and has had to learn that romantic situations are NOT the best time to imitate Perry.



So I simply HAD to buy this shirt for Mike--I figured it would be much more useful than the plush doll (though the kids would have loved that!  What was I thinking?)

Yesterday, Mike was wearing this shirt and we all enjoyed it immensely.  We kept quoting Phineas and Ferb, and singing Perry's theme song.  When the day was done and Gregory was being tucked in, I said goodnight, gave him a "hug and a kiss and an I love you."  Then it was Daddy's turn.  "Goodnight Gregory."  "Goodnight, Perry the platypus..." said Gregory sleepily, with no hint of humor or irony, as only a little child can.

I love my boys.

5 Comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Oh, I love. :)

Melinda DeBirk said...

I LOVE Phineas and Ferb, too!! It's the best.

Jamie Younker said...

LoL. I am a big fan of this show! Thanks for introducing us to it's awesomeness! P.S. ROCKING awesome father's day gifts!

Macie said...

We love it too! KJ introduced us to it (of course!) and we think it's hilarious. Too bad we can't afford cable. We only watch it when we're on vacation. :(

Annegirl said...

"Goodnight, Perry the platypus..."

I died. =)

So glad your whole family loves a good platypus!

Free Blog Template by June Lily