Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Arachnaparanoia

So.  My sister Lauren has had some pretty good creepy-crawly posts lately, which reminds me of one of the posts I've been meaning to write.  For about FOREVER.  Or a couple weeks.  Which have felt like forever.

Anyways, Isaac is growing like crazy (finally!).  So there's been much clothing shuffling.  Which requires delving into the basement craft-room-acting-like-a-storage-room.  Which, if you've lived in a basement, you know can be a little bit creepy.  Creepy crawly.

BUT, I got the boxes I was after without getting attacked by enormous Shelob-style monsters.  Sorted them a bit, because some outfits were much more autumnal than is currently appropriate.  I looked down at the box I had just finished packing, and saw a bit of planty fluff.  You know, like a mini tumble weed.  I was about to brush it off of the box, stand up, and put the box away (be proud, usually I don't get to that last step).


Yeah, see that? Yeah, that's about what I saw too.  Out of the corner of my eye.  Luckily, something stopped me before I TOUCHED it.  Because as I moved to REmove it, I realized it was a remarkably symmetrical, eight legged piece of fluff.  Want a close up?


Well hello there Mr. Spider! (Because, of course, all creepy spiders waiting to KILL me are male).  I wasn't ABOUT to put something next to it for scale, but trust me that those legs have a 1.5 to 2 inch diameter.  And I could NOT see a body!!!  after I took this picture with the flash and zoooooomed in, I could tell.  Yeah, there's an eensy body.  It's not like a daddy long-legs spider here--it's a super creepy spider-masquerading-as-plant-fluff spider!!!  

Don't worry, cuz I squashed him DEAD.

But it makes me feel all creepy-crawly all over me.  Like the other night when I accidentally upset an anthill in my yard and there were ants crawling all over me angrily.  Only spiders are DEADLY man.  (Although, apparently ants are pretty deadly--just ask Indiana Jones.)  It's been getting worse around here too--the other day I killed FOUR of the little meanies!  And there's all sorts of little tiny ones hanging in mid-air that you think are a spec of dust, but are MOVING.  I'ma call a sprayer man--if I can ever remember during business hours.

6 Comments:

Annegirl said...

I hate spiders. But I hate killing them more. So I often just package them in a little toilet paper balloon and transport them either outside or to the toilet. Usually the toilet.

The end.

meagan said...

I almost didn't read this post just because of the title (:

How DARE that spider masquerade like that! GROSS, GROSS, GROSS!

Carly said...

YUCK!!
I HATE THAT! Now I feel like they're all over me.

Lauren Davison said...

Truly disgusting. At least you didn't accidentally touch it. Then you'd have to go to therapy!

Jamie Younker said...

AH! I feel like it's on me! Is it on me!?

Tiff said...

You should try spider traps. My parents have them in the basement. They work great...unless your husband wants to show you how cool it is that that the traps have caught SO MANY giant spiders. Then - not so great.
I share your creepy crawliness.

Free Blog Template by June Lily