Pages

Monday, April 04, 2005

And Then "It" Happened!

Yes--the proverbial "it". It happened to my hair one day. I decided it would be fun to try something new (famous last words...phrase?...famous last something). I...oh, I hate to admit this...I parted my hair...on the other side!!! It was weird. I did not get along with it, and it did not get along with me. And no one even noticed (which I didn't realize until Annie said something about not noticing...)! Luckily, the next day, I parted it in it's normal, happy place.

Alas, it has not yet recovered! the short layers are still all over the place, and my hair no longer knows whether to lay right or left. It compromises with lying straight up or down in my face. Besides this, my souvenir of the time I volunteered at Sharon Elementary last semester, or rather, one of the little scamps' souvenir of me (millions of quotes from movies that Jon Harmon has never seen would be appropriate here, such as, "Oh Jo, your one beauty!" or my personal favorite, "but I don't have any black dresses!") is also having problems...and it's not even a part of my part!

One may be tempted to blame it on excessive winds experienced in the region round about...

But I know better.

8 Comments:

Annegirl said...

"But I don't have any black dresses!"...ANYMORE!!!

Oh. :( :)

Maria said...

I thought your hair was ravashing today...like the solarflares from the mystic sun!

Adriane said...

Wow, thanks Maria! It's not everyday that you get a compliment like that! =P

Jon said...

That's what it was! I must agree with Maria. Although I'm not so qualified to speak about solar flares or mystic suns (they might be on the list!), I knew there was something new and ravishing about you!

Adriane said...

Shameless! Lol...and Jon, I dunno that talking about solar flares when my hair is sticking up is quite the compliment it sounds...

Erika said...

I used to have my hair parted on the left. Then it slowly migrated to the middle. Now it's on the right. I think the key is doing it gradually. You can't just shock your hair like that. It's just...it's just...I don't know, it's something though.

Maria said...

Solar flares and the mystic sun are part of the astronomical sphere, which is included on the list about which you may speak...ps Adriane, it is a complement...

meagan said...

So, reading your movie quotes brought a few things to mind, from the first quote:
1. I want to read that book
2. I want to watch that movie
3. I want to watch "Newsies"
3a. I wish html would let me punctuate correctly.
4. I wish my life was a musical
This thought brought me to the next quote:
1. I want to read that book
2. I want to watch that movie
3. I want to see that play
4. I miss KJ
4a. It is also his birthday on Saturday, plans anyone?
5. I miss all our missionaries
6. I want to watch "Les Miserables: The School Version"
6a. I wish html would let me punctuate correctly.

Free Blog Template by June Lily