Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Merging Worlds

Wow.

This change has left me a little discombobulated, but whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger, yes? I hardly think my family will kill me, and I could use a little extra strength in my life. =P

I can't wait to watch re-runs from my life after it is over. My life has been extremely comedic of late, and I want you guys to see it!

First off, leaving the Villa was hard--on so many levels! First I locked my keys in the car--ha ha--both sets! kudos to Annie for getting them both out at once (Jonharmon, you're lucky that funshine bear fit through that window!) with the stick from our blinds--it's a good thing it broke off, eh? And Maria-the-cleaning-check-lady never came. Then when I left, I hit every light on the way home (okay, so maybe just almost every light!) and when I finally reached my home, the seatbelt would not come off. It reminded me of a funny moment on a date when the seatbelt was broken and my date had to lean over and extract me from it (I didn't buckle up after that--how awkward!) but this time I had no knight-in-shining armor to rescue me. I couldn't figure out if I wanted to laugh out loud or throw my hands in the air, put my seat back, and go to sleep until my family found me. Eventually I was able to get myself out and start unloading the last of my stuff. Or, rather, the almost-last of my stuff. I still need to go and get the rest fo my food from Maria's fridge. Yay!

Leaving was emotionally rough too--Maria, I miss you already! What am I going to do when I need pot-o cake or a back rub, or someone to laugh and roll her eyes at me? that's it, I'm coming to visit! And Meagan and Annie, we all four of us had better play hard, because I miss the crazy rolling-on-the-floor-singing-about...stuff while we played phase ten, and you coming home with a man-catcher, and dishes doing parties and sleepovers in the living room and eating on the balcony and watching a gazillion movies. We need to get together and do another reminiscing session like last Sunday--only this time we need to write it all down! And for everyone else from the Villa, I want to play with you too! Just because we can't jump out of our doors and play doesn't mean that we can't still do it!

So now I'm an integral part of my family once more. Please don't get me wrong, because I love them dearly. All of a sudden, though, when there's no escape and my experience with them is much more permanent,they are a little daunting. And I have discovered I am a little protective of my stuff. Zach just got a new Nintendo (don't ask me what kind--I have no idea) and now he wants to use my awesome computer to play his games. It's Mine, Dangit! whew... that felt good. My world is in disarray. There are clothes books, shoes, and hundreds of miscellaneous items all over my bed, my room, and my house. I don't know where anything is. I can't go into my room to have any alone time, because I don't fit in there! And I lost my voice and gave myself a tremenjous headache at the volleyball game--and they lost by two points at the last second. And Michael Burke re-dislocated his shoulder. Bummer.

And today in church, I was allergic to the lady sitting next to me. I was sneezing and sneezing and sneezing some more. I had to leave. But I made the coolest noise during the opening prayer when I was trying not to sneeze! Ha ha ha! Oh. Sorry. "That's not appropriate for church!"

But the apple trees are in blossom and the big black cloud of doom/happiness has engulfed our way. Julia pretty much wants to do whatever I do, and Zach loves to hang out with me. I am eating Mom food from and almost exaustible fridge, there is a motorized treadmill in my basement in front of our TV and cupboards full of excellent movies. I have my own room with an amazing bed (even if my back is getting used to a normal one--I kind of miss my swamp). And my family loves me, after all. It's going to be okay--change is just hard. I think I'm going to go and watch Boyz N' the Sink's new song: Bellybutton. Yay for Veggietales!

Sorry it's so long.

3 Comments:

Erika said...

Holy crap I miss you!

Maria said...

i miss you too. it is rather lonely in an apartment of one! I hope that you will come visit lots!

good luck with your family

Annegirl said...

I miss you! Want help cleaning your room?

Free Blog Template by June Lily