I've been MEANING to write about a MILLION blogs. Seriously. I've been writing them in my head. Which is remarkably inferior to writing them here...I can't remember any of them now. Well, I have the gist of some of them.
Two awesome things to do with your lips:
Talking, and teething (okay, so teething isn't really with your lips. But the title was intriguing, wasn't it?)
Shortly after my last post (which was not shortly ago, I know), Isaac cut his first two teeth--one popped out the day after the other. He also began speaking. "Uh oh" was his first word (words?) closely followed by "ball" ("bah"). Of course he started saying "Dah dah" and took a lot longer for "Mah Mah." But he surprised us. His fourth word (waaay before Mommy. Did I mention that?) was Gregory! Obviously you couldn't hear it clearly, but you should've seen Isaac's face when he would call out his brother's name and Gregory would respond! In retrospect, the title should be three or four things to do with your lips. We are currently enjoying Isaac's whistling. Ever met a ten month old who could whistle? It's a sight to behold. The "whistling" began when Isaac wanted something. He would get so excited and his lips would form an "o". When he would start breathing heavily to show how much he wanted it, you could discern a faint whistle, which ended up getting louder and louder. He will now occasionally whistle along to a song, though he prefers to dance. Thing number 4: KISSING! of course. Isaac loves to give kisses. He usually thinks it's silly if you try to get him to do one on your cheek, but he will make kissing noises (and lately waving goes with kissing) as long as you will make them back. You knew this would've had to be a kissing post with that title, didn't you?
Um.
There are more, cross my heart. I'm going to develop an AWESOME blogging habit and catch you all up on how we *quit Wow (with a nostalgic insider's guide to Wow that I've been meaning to do for a lot longer than I've not blogged!), *bought a bunch of cool furniture with our tax rebate, *began a MONSTER of a project refinishing/repainting the bed we bought with said tax rebate, * painted and decorated Gregory's room, *discovered that it's not just Mommy that has blood sugar problems--hypoglycemia, how we love thee, *had company stay in our guest bedroom for the first time ever, *went to the zoo, *built cool towers, *have pretty flowers growing in our yard, *and some other stuff too.
It's going to be GREAT! Now that the ice is broken, the rest will be easy :D PLUS I have the motivation of my sister moving across the country. I used to talk to her 'bout every day. Now it's hardly and I'm sad. Besides, if Kirby can blog, I can totally do it too :P I will "see" you all very soon.

4 Comments:
Hooray! I hope you do blog more, because I miss seeing your beautiful face every day! I never got to her Isaac whistle. I hope he still does it when I visit. Or you should take a video. Immediately. :)
And I cannot wait to see your bed.
And thanks for leaving Kirby his very own comment on his post. :) Made his day. And no, I didn't tell him that I told you to... So... SHH. :) Loves!
YOU LIVE!!!
I miss you. And Dan says that he owes me a play date with you and Mike. We'll be coming up a couple times this summer---can I call? Please, please? I want to see your whistling boy!!
You're so cute. I love this family.
HEY! COMPANY! That was SO US! That was a fun trip, we'll have to do it again sometime- and soon because I need to see a 10 month old whistle! :) ALSO I think we desperately need to do a girls night at the cabin. What do you think? It's a necessity no? WOW I've missed you! (Though I can't say I've been very good at blogging either... ) Let's both vow to do better kay? LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment