Never fear, that is not the tragedy. In fact, I have pictures, and I'm going to do a post about it. Tomorrow. This is far too serious to be shared in the same post as revelry, however, and I feel it must come first. When the party guests were gone, and the last of the cake put away, we came downstairs to find this:
Those of you acquainted with Mr. Bearly must be aware that my dear childhood friend began his life with two eyes. He was the proud owner of those two eyes for twenty three years. Right up until last Saturday, in fact, when person or persons unknown removed them. I suspect my hooligan niece and nephew, though my son may have had a hand in it.
The eyes have not been found.
My dear husband, upon seeing my deep and unabated grief (I very nearly cried at seeing my poor bear's blindness), went about at once to remedy the problem. Since we cannot figure out where the eyes are, Mike found a new solution:
Please note the seeing eye dog.

4 Comments:
HA HA HA HA HA HA! Best. blog. EVER.
If ever there was a doubt that Mike was awesome this blows it out of the water.
It almost makes me glad you're related to hooligans. (Even though I know how much you love Mr. Bearly :)
Another tragedy: That I couldn't make the party. But I'm excited to see pictures!
OH man. I got a stitch in my side from laughing at this... Oh the pain! :) Poor Mr. Bearly. Maybe Mike was trying to kill off your first husband? You never know. But I have a pretty good guess as to who at least one of the culprits was... Sad day. Maybe you can get some super awesome crazy-bear eyeballs to replace the old ones...
HAHAHAHAHA! That is hilarious.
Adriane, I am sorry for your loss.
But the remedy is too awesome. =)
I'm so sorry that such a grotesque tragedy has occurred. And I am even more sorry that I can't stop laughing hysterically at said tragedy.
Post a Comment