This is the project that consumed my life (or at least, my kitchen) this Christmas. It took so much out of me that I haven't finished it yet! There are 'sposed to be super cute ribbons all upons those bottom squares... ah well. PLUS, remember how you are supposed to have candy inside? Never happened. Bought the candy, but it never went inside. :P I'm also planning on a Christmas experience and scripture every day, but that's going to have to come next year!
Thanks to Lauren for taking these cute pictures! I got this idea from Jessica Sprague (who has awesome Photoshop tutorials plus is just super cool) who got her idea from Ali Edwards, who credits Martha Stewart (have I ever told you I'm semi-obsessed with all things Martha?). I give you these links so you can see everyone's ideas and create your own. AND for those of you around here, check out Walmart's selection of Papier Mache boxes. They were, I believe, $.69, which is a STEAL when you compare them to Jo-Ann's $1.oo and Roberts' $1.69! Roberts, however, had the best selection of the three. I didn't check Michaels, though that would be worth doing.
Ali said this project took her one night...it took me much longer--I must be missing out on a primer step or something, cuz I had to do many many coats of paint. But in the end it is worth it--I'm hoping these'll last for years. Currently, I have these on my wall with sticky tack. I didn't want to put 24 little holes in my wall before I figure out where I want everything to go. Most of them are pretty secure, but every once in a while I hear a bang and I know I need to put one back up. I think when I take them down (which should probably be soon...) I will thumb tack them to a board and frame the whole thing cute-like.
And now you know. The inner workings of a fevered and crafty mind.




3 Comments:
Those are so cute! I think I need to make one for next year. Maybe if I start now it will be done for Christmas 2010. . .I'm so bad at crafts. I have a bag full of them that I have been wanting to finish but never gotten to. Thanks for the idea!
You're home looks BEAUTIFUL! ...I love the dresser too. :) You're SO crafty! I'm impressed. And what a talented little 2 year-old you have. :)
This is by far the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
Well.... except for YOU of course! I honestly can't believe how much I LOVE that advent calendar. It's so much more amazing than the one I came up with. LOVE you and miss you!!
Post a Comment