I like the sound they make when they go whooshing by.
I just came across that quote, and it reminded me so much of myself that I couldn't help but blog it!
PLUS I was supposed to have my part of a group project done by Monday, and it wasn't done by then.
Why? You ask?
Well, there are of course, piles of excuses I could give. My favorite lately is that I'm pregnant. Get over it.
BUT
This assignment turned out a lot harder than I thought it would be. We are writing a narrative mime, which basically means a play for elementary school kids where everyone has multiple parts, easy lines, no pressure costumes, etc. My job was to write the storytellers' parts--basically, the whole story, keeping in mind that I needed to leave room in the story for the actors to say stuff.
Because, you know, that's an important part of acting.
Saying stuff.
However, as I reworked the story we had chosen, The Six Swans, life got a lot harder. I was trying to envision how the actors' lines would work with my story (I'm supposed to have THEM written by yesterday), when I realized:
The main-est character of the story cannot speak for most of the fairytale.
The other main characters spend most of their time as SWANS. Which don't talk, even though this is a fairytale.
Huh. Actor's lines. I'll get on that.

4 Comments:
I think you sould use that as an excuse.
Or find a French Horn...
(10 points if you get that)
Well, we DO have to have sound effects...
Perfect. You've solved it.
i feel sorry for whoever's in charge of wardrobe, because knitting 6 sweaters out of stinging nettles? not easy.
(i hope i'm thinking of the right fairytale)
You totally nailed it, Kat.
Um, serves you right for taking your "narrative mime" assignment too literally. =) I adore you.
Post a Comment