Pages

Friday, March 17, 2006

Early People

So...I did it. I made the switch (most) of the way. As I sit here at the library at 8 o'clock, I look at all the people around me: early people. So THIS is what it feels like! Huh. I kind of like it. My body is getting used to waking up at seven and being to school by eight every day. My favorite day is still Tuesday though, when I don't teach or have class until ONE. I generally sleep in on Tuesdays. Yummmmm. I love waking up to the sun on my face. Sigh. Well, I thought I was an early person. Ew yuck. The guys at the computer are early people..."I thought about sleeping in today. I mean, I don't have class until eleven. Then I thought to myself, 'get up and do your physics!'" "Yeah, I slept in today..." [what the crap? it's 8 o'clock and you're at school!] "at least, I didn't get up at 5:30." Only under extreme duress do I EVER get up at five thirty. well, over the summer I had to be to work by 5. I will simply look back on those times and marvel at my former strength. But really. I am an early-ish person now. Usually.

8 Comments:

Nama said...

i don't think anything could EVER make me an early-ish person. 4 years of early morning seminary couldn't do it. even working at 7am doesn't do it. blah.

Jon said...

You had to be to work by 5?! So Kneaders really wasn't that neat, huh?

Annegirl said...

I marvel at your former strength, too. I marvel at your present strength. One time I fancied a man who said to me one day, "I got off to a late start today." "Oh?" "Yeah, I got up at 6:50" "Shame on you!" (Eye roll!) And then I found he normally gets up at 6. I normally get up at 6:50, on a good day. Sigh.

Annegirl said...

See what not having to teach school every day has done to me?!

Tiff said...

I am SO not a morning person. Sad is when you consider 7:30 sleeping in. =P

Adriane said...

Amen! Actually, the 5 o'clock job was Old Navy. I learned lots n' lots. Sigh. Too bad I was usually too asleep to remember!

meagan said...

lol. me too! usually... except remember frehman year? it's usually that kind of early. like 3 am cake fight early before a 7 am study session. yikes! i think i should become a late person again.

Adriane said...

Hey, I figure, early to bed, early to rise. It works eh? Oh...they didn't mean early in the morning for BOTH? Huh...

Free Blog Template by June Lily