Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pretty pretty freezing cold blinding whiteness

It really was gorgeous. Because, you see, in Rexburg, it is so grubdz cold that the snow falling from the sky never melts and congeals with other flakes. So on top of the car is a beautiful conglomeration of snowflakes--each in its original, pristine, crystal form. Since every flake is individual, the sun sends millions of gorgeous sparkles bouncing off the ground, turning the surrounding, freezing cold countryside to a beautiful, blinding fairy-land.

Alas, I'm still not tempted to live there. Even mid-afternoon, the wind was suck-your-soul-out cold. Grubdz. What can I say more?

Dang it--Logan is almost as cold (but luckily at least two years away!)

I miss you Meagan. I was trying to explain "It's not funny if they aren't falling down." After I was dropped foot-long into a pile of said freezing cold whiteness (it was in a parking lot though--definitely icy greyness). That's all.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

tee hee. slowly, the my beauty will bewitch you and the next thing ya know... you are living in a place even more pristine than Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the caution, Maria.

Annegirl said...

One time I had a friend who said she had considered moving to North Dakota and I gave a hearty recommendation citing all the important features of that great state: the snow, the people, the quaint schools and plumbing systems...okay, I left those last two out. But see! 8 months of ND indoctrination paid off!

Nama said...

i hate cold.

the end.

Adriane said...

amen.

Maria said...

Annie, I have never been prouder of you than at this moment. Sigh.

Free Blog Template by June Lily