That's what I just had to enter to post a comment on my own blog! It fits my mood, believe it or not. I am going to take this opportunity to vent. For any of you who would not like to hear any complaining, let alone Valentines grumbling, you had best stop now. Yes, that means you.
Obviously, the day started wonderfully. Yay for happy walks to work and fun Quickskills classes and Photoshopping a picture of me and my love and having it printed at Walmart and putting it in a cute frame, for to be a cute little fiance. I also managed to print off thirty copies of a letter and consent form that we are sending to 30 troubled high school kids that we want to play with. After that, things started going down hill. First, I...um...skipped class....because I didn't want to go. So I didn't. So there. THEN the notoriously late cleaning check lady was 2 and a half hours late. I had promised my roommates I would wait for her--checks always go so much better when there is someone here. =P I knew the second I left to get something done, she would come. So I stayed here...waiting. THEN I needed to drive to Walmart in rush hour traffic to get said picture for the man I love. THEN I got back and Michael and I headed to Tucanos. You didn't make reservations? Even after I suggested it? Several times? Oh well. An hour and a half wait is okay--we'll go buy our engagement rings. We come back. "Is this the first time you've checked back with us?" Duh...yes. "Check back in another 20 minutes and tell me it's the second time." Off to Borders...cute future wife saves the day! Let's read kids books. I show him Nancy Drew 1-56. "Guess how many I've read?" All of them? Have you read a lot of books? "Huh...self, are you sure you are compatible with this man? Yes, dear heart, I have read a lot of books. I thought that we'd been over this. Yes, I know, you pretty much have read The Lord of the Rings." Back to Tucanos. "Okay, here's a cool ringer buzzer thing that will tell you when we're ready for you." Hmm...I'm pretty sure that adds up to...a TWO and a Half hour wait...but, we've waited this long, might as well just read some more. Mike is getting into Harry Potter anyways. FORTY minutes later, we return to Tucanos. The place is even more packed than before. The girl is still telling people to check back in fifteen minutes and tell her it's the second time (yes, the dumbest idea for a wait system I've ever heard). Tensions are high (especially mine--I'm hypoglycemic and PMSing like CRAZY). I am about ready to throw the cool buzzer thingy at her head..."May I have your attention. Everyone with a cool ringer buzzer thing needs to wait outside." Oh...grubdz. Three hours was all I could handle. We left, and had our Valentines dinner at Taco Bell. At 9 o'clock. Now we need to go to Macey's to get ice cream. I don't want ice cream. Warning bells should have begun ringing. Bad things are happening when I don't want ice cream. Mike still wants something sweet. We go to Maceys. He gets two boxes of Li'l Debbies. I get a li'l yogurt. I stop in front of the cream soda..."I think we've splurged enough today, don't you think." Oooooohhhhh....apparently the hurt was evident in my eyes, but no. No cream soda for me. We are buying Li'l Debbies. Back at his apartment--Clever ruse to get Mr. Man back into his bedroom where cute-framed-mostly-black-and-white picture is waiting amidst a pile of conversation hearts. Not to mention the giant chocolate kiss...mmmm. Oh cute...k done. Roommates have decided to watch Corpse Bride, which means we can't watch the aforeplanned Little Mermaid (his idea, I might add--I think he thinks it will keep me happy, and he won't have to see P&P). So, my friends, I topped off my Valentines Day with a good dose of Tim Burton's death and carnage. After that it was time for him to go to bed, so I walked myself home. Nice one!
Please note, none of this would have been as bad if, well...I hate PMS.
That's all.

9 Comments:
Holy goodness gracious bitterness. I don't think I really feel that way. But if you got through the whole thing, kudos to you! ndozpilk too!
OH! Honey! ***HUG***
Grubdz is the best non-explitive I ever heard.
isn't it great? I'm going to use it forever now. And it's much better than xzqnuwwd.
Adriane! I'm sorry about your horrible day. If it makes you feel any better, you could be with 35 pms-y girls....
and remind me to tell you guys about "rockets" in a non-public forum
ooo, Meagan, I want to know too.
Adriane, I am sorry. My Valentine's was good... peaceful singular bliss. Work was crazy though, becuase the school decided to put on a Valentine's Dance for 500 mentally disabled children with HUGE mood swings. Let me just say I've dubbled my bruises.
But, yeah for a new day.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow... it's only a day away!
I think this is the part where I should try to come up with outstanding one-liner comment to show sympathy and hope that things will be better, but nothing is coming to mind to fit all that, so I thought I would show that I did follow instructions and did check this with the most pointless comment in the blog's history. On a serious note, however, sorry your day didn't go as planned, but it sounds as if you still managed to enjoy yourself part of the time, so therefore, it could have been worse...
It's okay, Bobbery, I would have probably come in with some insensitive comment right after yours, so you would have been fine. Don't worry, I've got your back.
Adriane, so sorry you were foiled, but it was doubtfully in the final furlong. Sometimes we boys forget certain important things. Kudos to the wife-to-be for being patient and understanding.
I hear ya. My husband was stuck at school all day. We had to wait until Friday to celebrate. So I guess you could say I had a 72 hour wait. Man I was hungry.
Lol. Dang, that's rough! I'm sorry dear heart! My Valentine's day pales in comparison. Thanks for the sympathy guys! I want you all to know that I'm doing much better! Luv ya'll!
Post a Comment