Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Well Hello!

Pretty sure it's time for an update!  Life has been happening so quickly I forget to write things down.  Whew.

Isaac:
Eats his pizza upside down. ?  I don't know where he got this--none of the rest of us do it, but he always holds it by the crust, cheese-and-toppings side down.

Mr. INDEPENDENT. Good heavens--NEVER try to help him do anything or there will be a meltdown!

When I tell him sorry, i.e. for bumping him, he says, "yeah, your bad." Apparently I tell him, "my bad, sorry" too much!

He has the Book of Mormon all figured out: he refuses to start his nightly verse without saying, "And it came to pass."

I adore how much he loves to tidy things up.  He remembers to do it before I ask.  Obviously, he got that from his father...

Gregory:
Just started preschool again and he LOVES it.  He misses Miss Bev and Miss Andee though.

Loooooves learning Spanish from Dora.  It's a good thing I took some Spanish in High School so I can answer some of his questions.  I guess we'll have to send our questions to Elder Zach in L.A. now!  Everyone in the family has been assigned a character in either Dora or Diego.  I used to be Isa, but I've been informed that I now get to be Mami.  Yay!  Upgraded from an Iguana.  Pretty sure Daddy's still the Big Red Chicken though :P  and Zach will always be Swiper.

One of Gregory's favorite activities is looking at the "world where we live."  This means looking at a map.  He likes to figure out where we live in relation to people that we know.  He especially loves looking at Washington--and asking when we are going to visit Lauren and Kirby next.

Gregory is getting another chance to have his little bookshelf (it got taken out after one of his pre-gluten free rages) and a desk lamp back in his bedroom.  He's really starting to get the concept of consequences, and he seems to understand that if he tears things apart again he will not have so many privileges.

He really Really REALLY wants the baby in Mommy's tummy to be a sister (sneaky announcement!!!).  Whenever we warn him that it might be a boy, he decides that we'd better have two then. I warn him that his Mommy may not last very well if she has to take care of two babies at once, but it hasn't made much difference yet.

Mike:
Is incredibly stressed at work.  It seems like this latest release has been strung out for FOREVER and will never be done.  Hopefully we can weather the next couple of weeks until everything settles down!

Decided the other day that he wanted to see if he could run a half marathon.  He's been running in the mornings, and will regularly run a 10k.  But he just got up one Saturday morning, went to the park, and ran 13.1 miles.  You know, just to see what would happen.  He won!

He's kicking the sprinkling system's patooshie, which keeps insisting on trying to break and kill our grass.  Mike is teaching himself how to fix it, however, and has been victorious every time!

Me:
I'm finally NOT sick every single day.  Yaaay for the 2nd Trimester!  16 weeks seems so small compared to 40, but we'll make it...right?

I bought Lauren's old camera--so I'm hoping I'll feed you a lot more pictures.  My camera broke several months ago...but that can't really be my excuse, because even when it worked I was bad at taking and posting pictures.  Hrm.

I feel like I'm starting to keep my head above water with homemaking.  Who knew someone could be so bad at taking care of kids AND keeping a house clean?  I've had three really good days of cleaning and bonding IN A ROW!  Usually I'll have one good cleaning day (where I feel awake and energetic enough to get stuff done and actually HAVE FUN doing it) a month--yeah, it's hormonal. I'm starting to feel like there is hope for me...but the belly is getting bigger, and bending will be harder soon!


Thanks for listening!  Have a great day!!!

10 Comments:

mer and mel said...

So exciting! Congrats! Maybe it will be another boy- then we'll be twinners! 3 boys rally isn't that bad....but a girl would be super fun too!

Annegirl said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I am so excited for you! 3 kids! You are super woman! I can't wait to find out what it is. Love you so much!

PS, my word verification is "unsick." Good omen? =)

Jena said...

Congratulations!!!! And Annie, love your word verification. Mine is "cones" which means you guys get ice cream cones today :)

meagan said...

Pah ha ha. "(sneaky announcement)." Love it. Your kids are adorable. Mike is a rock. You are gorgeous. And I can't wait for the new baby either (:


Aaaand I don't think I'm going to tell you what my word was... (:

Amanda said...

Congratulations! Such exciting news! I totally agree with you that second trimester is the best. Let us know when you find out boy or girl!

Carly said...

Awww...I love hearing how everyone is doing. Thanks for the update!

Lauren Davison said...

:) :) :) :) :) :)

That's how I felt after reading your post. Teehee. I love hearing about your family. And I miss you. I want to see pictures!!! :) You're gonna rock that camera.

Lisa said...

YAY! Another baby! A girl would be fun I'm sure, to balance things out, but if it's a boy I can't imagine anyone better able to handle a house full of crazy little men. :) Good luck! Oh, and when is your due date?? :)

Aubz Lynn said...

I'm sitting here trying to decide if I already knew about your news or not. Oh well, who cares...YAY!!!! It puts a smile on my face :D

Mom said...

Can I just say how much I LOVE your page design? So talented . . .

Free Blog Template by June Lily