I've always heard that you shouldn't buy couches with a million cushions on it--at least if messes bother you.
We just got one. Not for real though--we are "storing" one for Mike's brother Jordan and his cute wife Carly. Really that means we had a big empty living room and they felt sorry for us. But it works out for all of us. Although after today, Carly and Jordan may decide to store it somewhere else...
It only took a few hours for the cushions to be piled high and built into forts of all kinds. Jumped on, thrown, and stacked in front of anything I need to get to. That was yesterday. Today took a bit of a downturn though. This morning Mike helped Gregory build a FABULOUS fort using a chair, the basketball hoop, Gregory's covers, and of course, CUSHIONS. It was fun. Until Gregory fell and smacked his head on the basketball hoop. I heard the screaming and came running, expecting Mommy kisses to stop the crying quick--until I saw the blood.
Luckily there wasn't a lot, and it stopped quickly. But there it was all over Jordan and Carly's couch cushion...
Did I mention the couch is white? Or...that it used to be?
Luckily I have a stain remover list in my laundry room, and it said I could use dish soap to get it out (I learned later that one's own saliva does wonders to get one's own blood out of things--I should have had Gregory spitting). The blood came out pretty well, which makes this incident hardly blog worthy.
Until dinner time. I started preparing a fabulous spread (a.k.a. microwaving hamburger patties. Don't judge). The boys were playing happily together--which is so fun to watch! Interestingly, the other half of the basketball set--the ball--which is small and soft, incidentally, is what caused additional bloodshed. Apparently, Gregory had thrown it to Isaac, but hit him in the perfect spot to cause a nosebleed. When I heard Gregory yell, "Mommy! Now Isaac is blooding all over the couch," I thought it must have been a colossal joke.
It wasn't.
Two more cushions weren't white anymore...
Suffice it to say that dinner was later than expected.
Not sure what kind of a family bleeds on a borrowed couch TWICE in one day, but we have officially become that kind. I will understand if no one else ever lends us anything again.

4 Comments:
Your boys are so ambitious! It takes serious effort to bleed twice on a white couch that doesn't belong to you...in one day! If it makes you feel any better you can think of it as if your boys were just doing Jordan and Carly a favor by introducing them to what their future holds once their little one is running around with a sibling or two. AND don't worry- I'd still lend your my couch... if I had a couch worth lending.
Hahahaha! Every day is an adventure with those boys, that's for sure! :) And I miss them (AND YOU) terribly!
Hahahaha! It's ok. I love that kind of family. =) Couch cover?
Yep, I'm seriously going to have to find a cute couch cover ASAP. Any suggestions?
Post a Comment