Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

There Ain't Room in this Town...

Well, at least in my tummy. There's isn't room for two and ONE of us needs to get out!!! Oh, I'm in the home stretch. Keep telling me that I can do ANYTHING for six more days. I can, right? ?!?

So, funny story...sometimes I have pregnant moments. They are like pregnant pauses, except more one sided. They happen when I completely miss part of a situation until looking back--such as at my doctor's office last week. The nurse came in, did her thing, and left, saying the doctor would be there soon. It wasn't soon, however, so I finally laid back on the examining table...gotta grab the sleep when I can, since it isn't coming at night time. I didn't really fall asleep before the doc showed up, but I'm not sure if I was fully conscious. When he proclaimed that I had made no progress in dilation that week, I was crushed. BUT--

"Isn't this your last appointment?"

"Well, I sure hope so, but I'm not due for another two weeks--I could need one next week."

"But aren't we inducing you?"

"You said you would induce me on my due date." Insert still completely crushed face.

"Hmm." Doc looks at calendar on wall, pulls out his PDA and takes a look. This is actually what he did when he told me he would induce me on June 1st, several months back.

*PREGNANT PAUSE* I'm just trying to stay awake and not look completely crushed.

"Well, if you haven't had your baby yet, can you come back on Wednesday?"

*Laugh that borders on insane giggle* "OH yeah. I can do that."
What I'm thinking and SHOULD have said, "TO be induced? I can have my baby? On WEDNESDAY?!?" Alas, I was still recovering from previous pause, and have always been bad at communication anyways...'specially when I'm tired.

So then I walked out to the receptionists and told them I was supposed to come back.

"Well, Dr. Jones won't be back until Wednesday, does that work for you?"

WEDNESDAY? Is that what he meant by Wednesday? Wednesday for an appointment, not Wednesday for having a baby?

"We have a spot at 9am--that's the only time he won't be double-booked so far."

BUSY Wednesday? That probably means no time for "having a baby Wednesday"...he must have just meant an appointment. Try not to look double crushed and get yourself home.

It was actually several days before I told anyone about these conversations--it was a tough day and I'm kinda working on surviving. Plus remember said communication problems. As I discussed these things with someone...I think it was my mom? I started to think more and more that he might've meant "have a baby Wednesday." Call me a cock-eyed optimist, but hope was returning. After all, he had behaved exactly the way he did when he said he'd induce me on the 1st. Unfortunately, the office was closed, the doc was out of town for the holliday weekend, and I was stuck not knowing.

But it was all going to be okay--I was going to have the baby before then anyways.

Only now, that Wednesday is tomorrow. I have an appt. for 9am, but I'm not sure if tomorrow is have-a-baby day or not...I tried calling the office, but it turns out they have no idea (I was afraid of that) and I need to call Labor and Delivery at the hospital. And they will. not. answer. their. phone.

SOOOO, long story short, thanks to a pregnant brain, tomorrow promises to be very interesting. I could have a baby. I could be triple-crushed. Cross your fingers!

4 Comments:

Annegirl said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! Uh... let me know! We will be there. Tomorrow... next week... hopefully tomorrow. :)

Lauren Davison said...

SHOOOOOOOT! :) I'm excited either way. And I'm cleaning off my CF cards right now as we speak. Well, we are sort of speaking... Maybe you are on your way to the hospital???

Amanda said...

What a funny/confusing situation! Good luck with everything!

meagan said...

tee hee hee. and?

Free Blog Template by June Lily