So they tell me. And I'm trying my darndest! That's right folks, I'm holding my very own "What Not to Wear". I've completed the easiest part--the hair. Yes my friends, I am the proud owner of an A-line bob. Shorter than I've ever gone (the bottom of the back is shorter than my husband's!). And HIGHLIGHTS!!! My first ever. I'm not sure if it flatters my nose. With that picture, however, EVERYTHING is unflattering...so I'm safe. Really, you have to see it to believe it. So come see, cuz I like it and I like seeing you!
So, I've solved the perma-ponytail. My hair will no longer fit in a ponytail--I HAVE to do it. I feel like I'm pretty okay on Makeup, but I would LOVE to have Carmindy do my eyebrows. But you see, that brings up one of a couple of problems.
Problem: I don't have Stacey and Clinton and Carmindy to fix me up.
Solution: I do have some fabulous friends with great fashion taste. I'm not going to make you pluck my face =) but I would LOVE it if you could send some style tips my way.
Problem: I don't have a Visa card that has $5,000 and my name on it like I would in the show.
Solution: ...nope. I got nothing. I suppose I will simply have to be frugal.
I'm a couple steps ahead of the people on the show, though, right?
Step 1: I KNOW I have issues. Admitting is the first battle.
Step 2: I KNOW what is wrong with my wardrobe. More than half of the stuff in my closet is leftover from high school. They were cute then (just nod and smile), but after years of washing and wearing, they are shrunken and shapeless.
Step 3: I am willing to spend a small amount of money to get high quality (read long lasting) pieces that are timeless and flattering.
Step 4: I know my problem areas. If you don't know what they are already, I'm not going to tell you.
So HERE is what I'm asking. I need tips. What are your favorite staples and where can I get some? Tips for camouflaging my particular problem areas. And I'm hoping there's a few charitable souls willing to come with me on my daunting quest. Will you come shopping with me?
Thanks.

10 Comments:
AND if you don't want to embarrass me by explaining my problems here, you can e-mail me at dribee at gmail dot com.
Ha ha. You are perfect. But even perfection gets better with a cherry on top (:
I would LOVE to go shopping. And I want to see your hair! This weekend! Yes? Yes.
Just thought I would let everyone out there know that Adriane's hair cut is amazing and it looks extremely fabulous!
I want to see!! I'm feeling very sad indeed that I do not live closer to you. I need to see the darling hair cut and I too need a wardrobe update. I'm busy trying to loose my extra 40 pounds Addie left on me so on second thought, I better not buy anything right now.
Yeah, that's another problem I'm having--I was lucky and dropped most of my weight right off, but it's all in different places now, and my hips are further apart, so pants that used to fit are weird now.
oh I wanna see pics of your hair! shopping would be so fun--since I'm in vegas I'm not much help other than this--try on TONS of stuff. some things look great on the rack and bad on you, and vice versa. even if something is super cute but doesn't look good on you--don't buy it. and try on stuff you wouldn't normally try on for some reason (color, price, style) and sometimes something will sneak in and look great on you that you never expected! btw...i'm terrible at following these rules but i love watching all those shows that tell you how to do it right!
Haha. Oh my dear sister. I was hoping you would blog about your hair. As for my staples, I love love LOVE (did I mention love?) Downeast's t-shirts. They're cheap and super comfy. Aaaaand... I don't know what else to say, really. I wore a pair of pants today that I haven't worn since we've been married I think. They're the ones I popped an ugly hole in the bottom of. But they're kind of better now. heh heh heh. And I would love to go shopping! Pahaha! I usually only fake clothes shop (aka, go to downeast in the bookstore once a year and get some shirts.)
I LOVE your hair! Now I want to cut mine short, maybe. I think it's time I made myself over too. Target usually has good clothes for cheap, same with Old Navy. I would go shopping with you! I'm available any weekend!
Adriane!! You chopped your hair?!!! I love it! Hooray for the A-line bobalicious! (haha, I just said bobalicious!). And hooray for your husband who brags about you on your blog! I like him. Let's go shopping! I have no idea what is "timeless" but I have a good idea of what is "cheap" and "durable" and will tell you what is "so hot!" and what is "so not." Wahoo! Let's go!
Love the new hair. Seriously. Way to be bold.
Indispensable pieces in my wardrobe:
dark gray, plain front slacks from the Gap
non-trendy, nice leather boots (read not stilletos or pointy toes)
classy black skirt that does not require ironing (mine is still from h.s.--it's all about the fabric)
nice white blouse that also doesn't require ironing because it's scrunched in the front so it looks like it's supposed to be a little wrinkled
And avoid shapeless sweaters. They only grow more shapeless and pilly over time. Trust me.
p.s. I'm in the Wilk computer lab, and this couple next to me keeps smooching. It is awkward because they are noisy and too close (to me) for comfort. Just had to vent.
Post a Comment