Monday, May 21, 2007
Torn.
Posted by
Adriane
at
Monday, May 21, 2007
My favorite kind of pizza is not a common, every day kind. None of this pepperoni business. I like extra cheese with tomatoes on top--fresh, raw, juicy, yummy tomatoes. Because who wants cooked tomatoes on their pizza which already has tomato sauce (i.e. cooked and smashed tomatoes) on it? My apologies if you are someone who happens to like that... If said pizza happens to have a Papa Johns crust, so much the better! Yay for Starving Student cards! It's not that difficult really. All they have to do is make an extra cheese pizza and add tomatoes after they cook it. Which is what I ask for. Alas, the message often doesn't get through. Somehow, my delicious fresh tomatoes manage to find their way onto my pizza before said pizza finds its way to the oven. So, I've finally changed my tactics: "Can I get an extra cheese, and then have tomatoes on the side, please?" Sure, ma'am, we can do that for you. Now that I'm married, I have to get used to being called ma'am--I can't be upset about it anymore, right? I got my pizza Saturday night--Extra cheese with fresh, raw, juicy, yummy tomatoes sitting right on top. Sigh. Should I be annoyed that they didn't follow my instructions, or delighted that I FINALLY got my pizza just the way I wanted it?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Free Blog Template by June Lily

9 Comments:
Delighted. Just delighted. You've out-smarted them. You win.
Ohhhhh. Remember how you hooked me for life? I want some.
mmm...fresh tomatoes on pizza...good to know that papa johns will do that for you! making mental note
For some reason this reminds me of the time my dad first taught me how to shoot a gun at a moving target. You can't aim right at what you want to hit or you'll miss it every time. But, if you aim in front of it, you might actually hit it.
Do with that what you will . . .
pah ha ha
I'm getting images of ninja turtles shooting pizzas at moving targets...sigh. I love you guys.
Adriane, if you order said pizza at the Olive Garden with a certain server, I can promise that it will be made correctly.. Other than that, I'm impressed that you were able to maneuver around the lack of ability to follow directions that seems to be rampant among many of my food-service industry companions. I'm also just glad that you got your pizza. I wish more success upon you in the future.
well all i have to say is that you got a sister of mine hooked and the rest is history. horray for the best kind of pizza there is :D
Wow, Adriane... your affect upon people is far reaching... I too like your version of pizza (but I also think, sun dried tomato pizza is good)
Sigh. I was just thinking today about how much I like you.
I'm glad we're friends.
All this on a random pizza blog. For your enjoyment.
That's all.
Post a Comment