Or, Beware the Nair.
So this one time, on my honeymoon, I decided to try Nair (for those males reading this, it's a chemical product that removes hair) on my legs. I read the instructions carefully, and slathered some on my legs.
"Ooooh," said I, "that's a delightfully tingly sensation!"
Then came time to take it off.
"Wow...some of the hair comes right out! That's cool."
Then it really started burning. Couldn't take it off fast enough...says don't use soap, but I gotta use something! Ooookay...shower that stuff off...right...water makes it worse...lotion? More pain...tepid bath? Nope...crying in a corner? Uh uh.
So...I had delightfully shiney legs. Only problem is, they were bright red, bleeding in places, and the reason they were shiney was that the swollen skin was stretched too tightly. AND there was still hair on them.
I'm allergic.

10 Comments:
BUT, I had a fabulous husband who drove me a half hour down the mountain to get Benadryl and burn cream. What a sweetie!
ouch.
sweet.
i love nair.
right now it's the only thing i'm NOT allergic to.
sad day.
The same thing happened to me! Minus the sweet husband thing (being not married and all) but I had a really, really bad reaction to Nair. It WILL NOT come off! it's awful. We hates it! It made me break out in hives and bleed and sting and then my legs were red and it looked like I fake-baked without lotion. Blah.
Hope you had a good vacation! :)
Brittany told me about that stuff.
I'm glad I'm a boy.
Where did you stay?
Allergies are the best ever Sounds like quite the experience. Props to Mike for being awesome, and to Adriane for fighting through the pain enough to type a whole blog...
Tee hee hee...pfft...ha ha. Ok, it's still a funny story. Are your legs better yet?
Plus, I was thinking, and I think when my friends and I tried it we tried getting it off with water, too, and experienced similar pain. I think we got it off with lotion and a towel. For anyone out there who's crazy enough after this blog to try the stuff. Sickos.
Oh.. you poor darling!!! That stuff is potent. My older sister and I tried using it once. Much the same experience. No fun.
I want to comment!
don't worry: there are alternatives to Nair. Do you want some hot wax as a gift?? Seriously, sorry you were allergic, not a fun way to find out. I use Nair all the time, and no allergies for me - thank goodness.
Post a Comment