Pages

Thursday, April 06, 2006

A River Runs Through It

There are not merely large puddles in the parking lot shared by the JKB and the Talmadge. There is a large, quickly flowing body of water and slush. I finally decided to stop "avoiding" the water, and happily, albeit frigidly, sloshed my way through. It is actually a good thing that I am wearing these sandals, because they will dry out a lot faster than will any of my winter-ish shoes would.My tingly red toes free of socks are a blessing in my life.

Where did the Springtime go?

13 Comments:

Annegirl said...

Brrrrrrrr shiver shiver. Scurry away from computer... Return covered in sweatshirts, scarves, gloves, hats, etc. Brrrrr!! And that is all.

Adriane said...

Yes. I went home, took a hot shower, and sat on my couch clad in slippers and sweatshirt. I considered bringing my comforter out...but I was afraid I would take a nap instead of studying!

Nama said...

yesterday sucked!

Adriane said...

I decided that hell will not be flames and scorching heat. It will be freezing cold and slushy, miserable wet-to-the-bone chillyness.

meagan said...

Dante thought that too!

And if it makes you feel better, I would rather be sitting on the floor typing while snow blew in on me from the open window than trying to avoid rolling around in the floor because of my sunburned legs.

It's only April and it's started all ready. Gosh.

Annegirl said...

The sun came out! The sun came out! Hooray Hooray! Oh happy day! And...that is my song of the day. The end. By Annie Valoola.

Maria said...

Maria didn't like the sloshy stuff either.

meagan said...

So according to my msn, it's 68 in Orem... is that right???

Annegirl said...

My car thermometer told me 75 yesterday. The news told me 73. AHHHH. :)

Adriane said...

MMMMMMMMmmmmm. And the blossoms on campus? How about those? Yes, I LOVE campus in the springtime--once I get my finals done, that is.

meagan said...

yes, I could say the same thing about London. stupid school.

Anonymous said...

Dear Adriane,
One time today, I was reading your facebook wall and I saw you had a blog and I thought to myself, "A blogging buddy?" for I, too, have a blog! How exciting! Yay! So excited for you getting married in just a couple of weeks! You're beating me by almost a month, lucky thing you! :) SO basically...that's all!

buhler said...

Don't worry Meagan, we may get snow on Monday apparently, so things aren't too warm just yet...

Free Blog Template by June Lily