Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I learned a new word...

Peter Peter, Pumpkin Eater
Had a wife and couldn't keep her;
threw her in a pumpkin shell
And defenestrated her!

Little Jack Horner sat in a corner
Eating a Christmas pie;
Stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum
And defenestrated it!

Little Miss Muffet, sat on a Tuffet (What's a tuffet, anyways?)
Eating he curds and whey (mmm mmm);
Along came a spider, sat down beside her
And defenestrated her!

*What do you get when you mix an Early-childhood Education Major with a word geek? ME!!!
**Yes, this is a version of a song I used to LOVE to sing as a child.

8 Comments:

Adriane said...

tuf•fet n.
1. A clump or tuft of grass.
2. A low seat, such as a stool.

meagan said...

ha ha ha, it even has enough syllables!

Did you know that ina round about way, that's how the bass guitarist from the New York Dolls joined the church!?!

Adriane said...

Did you see that movie? It looked so interesting! How did he join the church--did someone defenestrate him? Lol...

Jon said...

"The window, the window, the seventh story window . . ."

Can you guess what language "defenestrate" comes from?

P.S. I was in the children's literature section of the library yesterday and thought of you.

Maybe because I saw a girl with a braided ponytail there too.

Nama said...

you have fenestrated capillaries in your kidneys.

Adriane said...

Lol...um, could it possibly be Latin, Jonharmon? Wow Nama...I wonder if it means the same thing?

Annegirl said...

I was in the children's lit section too! And I always wanted to know what a Tuffet was! And there's a WORD for threw it out the WINDOW?! My life is complete. This was the best blog ever.

Erika said...

In order to maintain my image as a smart girl, I will not ask what defenestrated means.

um..cause i know...

Free Blog Template by June Lily