Tomorrow=Meet the Parents...
And 8 out of 9 siblings: Dan, Jordan, Kristy, Kelsi, Aaron, James, Josh, and Benjamin (all most likely spelled wrong). Andrew's on a mission in Pennsylvania. Plus all extended family...on both sides. I'm starting to get a little nervous. It doesn't help that sometimes I swing to the opposite side: what if they like me TOO much? The picture Mike sent to his mom of us together has been "printed all nice" and is framed and nestled amongst the other family photos. Lol...I wish y'all could've seen my face when he told me that (luckily over the phone!) because I'm pretty sure you would've laughed. I did.
I hear that if you want to stretch your stomach, you eat lots of grapes. Lots and lot of grapes, because they take up lots of room, but they go right on through so there's room for more (sorry Maria! =P) I will need to buy a whole cart load, because I will be attending THREE (Omigosh!) Thanksgiving Dinners--mine, and his on both sides. Wow. I tell you what.
Okay, PLUS, for those of you who have MET any of MY extended family, that's cause for major anxiety as it is. Uncle Warren...and Harold and Derek. Plus my Grandpa. My aunts and Grandma should be alright...right? As long as they don't get too...auntish. Sometimes they like to pretend they're my age. My cousins will use him as a jungle gym...but he's used to that--Oh wow. I'm only just realizing how stressed out I really should be right now!

11 Comments:
been there, done that. bring a big purse to hide your food in.
Lol! Great idea! Thanks Nama!
my grandma perfers tupperware...
good luck!
As long as no Indian Leg Wrestling goes on, I'm sure you'll be fine. ;)
That's SO great! I only love crazy family encounters! We heart relatives! I can't wait to get engaged (because in my family you only bring someone to Thanksgiving if you're engaged otherwise it'd be crazy awkward...at least I assume it would be...at least no one's ever attempted it...hmm...) and go through that! It'll be a hoot! Ah, I want to hear all about it. I hope everything went well! :)
did you conquer?
All's well that ends well. I ended up staying the night--crazy. Good fun. His family is absolutely fabulous. they seem to all expect us to get married...oh dear. But I like them lots!
Yeah, I've been there before. When a family expects you to get married...I aim to please I guess.
For those of us out of state...who is this boy?
How'd it go?
Great! I love his family! They are loads and loads of fun, I tell you what. I can't wait for Christmas Break!
Post a Comment