Pages

Monday, February 12, 2007

Death of the perma ponytail

It died. I want everyone to notice.

I'm writing this because nobody HAS.
well, actually, one person, someone that has only known me for a month noticed...

Which is not to say that all of the people I see every day should have noticed.
It's just proof of what a perma ponytail can do for you.
When you cut 8 inches off of your hair and it's the shortest it's ever been, and you come home in triumphant glee, lightheaded and actually excited to do your hair, and your grandma says, "Oh, what have you been out doing?" And you shake your head so your newly clipped locks bounce around...and she says, confusedly, "did you get it trimmed?"
Perma ponytail.
Grandpa didn't notice either, although I proudly pulled the rubberband out with a flourish.
Perma ponytail.
I've been at work, talking to people, being my normal (although slightly sickened) self and--wait! Someone noticed! Lots of people noticed! Everyone is noticing.
Sigh.

I feel better.

8 Comments:

Jon said...

Well, then.

Congratulations, I guess.

I appreciate the heads-up, because I haven't seen you since before you got engaged.

Annegirl said...

I noticed! I noticed!!

meagan said...

I loved it! Yeah for the perma-done-hair!

Nama said...

i heart haircuts!

Kimberly said...

Ok, this will reveal how stupid I am, but why does everyone call it a "perma ponytail"? What in the world is "perma"? Permanent?

Annegirl said...

Yes. =)

Mostly...we never do our hair. Or speak properly. We're social outcasts.

Lisa said...

I noticed...we're twins! (but only when I straighten my hair...which I did today, so I hope you come into the office!!) :)

Erika said...

I dyed my hair really really dark and no one noticed because I too suffer from perma ponytail. Yes, i'm still alive. Maybe I should write a blog or something...

Free Blog Template by June Lily